Thursday 4 April 2013

INITIAL LOGO RESEARCH



For my most recent project I have been briefed by a web developer who's company needs a big brand boost. He currently only has a website at the moment, but is looking for branding of both sides of his company. The first side of the company will be Inizio Design, which will be the web design, developing aspect of the company and the other side for the mean time will be Inizio Hosting which will allow people to buy webspace. He wants a an icon badge style logo for each side of the company and then also a longer logo with the Names in, for example : 


facebooks logo with the name


Badge style logo.

In order to get some inspiration I decided to have a look online to try find out which logo's I think work best and why I had a look online. At first I will just look at any successful ones. I will see what other web developers logos are like next, this will hopefully show which companies have the strongest brands.

Diamond Bookstore
I think this is a really clever way of combining relevant imagery.
Simple and effective.

Elena Alexxeva
Negative space works really well in logos, 
this is simple but makes you look twice. 

CFO
Slightly hard to read but nice concept.

CityCliq
Nice simple imagery linking both aspects of the name together.
Pixelated suggests computers. Clicking on the sun - another nice touch

LoveClip
Simple memorable imagery.

Illusion
Nice use of negative space

Logotomy
Quite a litteral disection of the logo
Nice touch with the TM sign. Trademarking Ideas

Shift
Clever use of the gear box.

Twins
Clever replacement for the N

One To Love
This is a really clever logo, replacing letters and overlapping to 
create other letter forms, makes you look twice.

Zip
Another great logo, negative space works really well in logo's it creates
an interest and makes you look twice.

Elefont
Once again negative space dominating

Eat Innovations


Negative space works great here again.
I think the logos that work best are the ones that make you look twice but also make it clear what the company is about. You can create a great logo but if it doesn't get the company across then its effectively useless. I think I will try play about with negative space and imagery that has quite a high impact. I need to have a sit down and sketch some ideas out in response to this research.

No comments:

Post a Comment