Friday 1 November 2013

Tutorial - Amber

Notes / Direction

Here are some notes on what I need to do next. I need to make sure I have a decent set of questions to ask various graphic designers who use letter press or may not use letter press. This is the main thing I need to get on with so that I can send off my questions and get a response relatively soon.


Graphic Designers concerns and issues around letterpress?

Why people don't use it?

Speak to Large studios and find out if they use it? why they don't?  -  Elmwood

How would the design studios approach the practical element?

Electronic Print devices

Conventions of Letterpress and typesetting?

Digital vs Practical


Do some letterpress designers get away with lazy design? rely on the print quality rather than the design?

Why do designers choose to use letter press? practically challenging? 

what would work for digital print and not letter press?

Costs?

Do non designers know the difference between printing methods?

No comments:

Post a Comment