Thursday 1 December 2011

Photo Shop Tutorial

Session 1

In today's Photoshop tutorial I learned about amending photos correctly, first of all we were showed how to alter photos by creating an identical layer to create a non destructive transformation, If this is done wrong the photo will have an irreversible change. Once the 2nd layer has been created you can play about with the photo as shown in the following images.
Correcting the Tones

Here is a picture of statue, none of the features can be seen here so in order to correct it I used the magic wand tool to highlight the statue, I then created a layer and changed the tones to make the statue more visible, finally I changed the sky to make it more vibrant.

Dark Statue
 After changing the brightness levels I amended the statue
 Finally I altered the background

Playing with the Hue

 Using the Marquette tool I put the photo into sections then changed the hue to get these wacky images

 Playing with the Saturation

This photo contains colours that can not be printed as they are not in the CMYK colour band so in order to create an image that can be printed it has to be changed. To start with we did the usual process of making a duplicate layer and clicking the show proof colour button to see what Gamut colours show up, by playing with the Saturation we can reduce the colours so that they will look better for print.
 Original
Finally I changed the hue here so that the colour could be more vibrant for print as this red has a bigger colour band in CMYK.

No comments:

Post a Comment