Monday 25 February 2013

WHAT IS GOOD - BIOLUMINESCENCE DOCUMENTARY

Natures Micro Worlds - The Deep Sea

Click to watch ---- GLOWING DEEP SEA LIFE

It was a coincidence I came across this documentary, pretty much the first creature that came up had bioluminescent properties, and then to my surprise most of the fish, organisms etc glowed in the dark too.
I had heard of lots of the creatures before through research but it was good to see video footage to match up to the fish. This gave me a better understanding of why aspects of them glow.

This can be for a number of reasons, either to attract prey, distract pray, for visibility and even to camouflage themselves. They have developed these amazing properties over thousands of years which perfectly suit the pitch black conditions of the deep. I think this could be an interesting area to concentrate on.

I would like to concentrate on glowing life on land and in the deep hopefully. The contrast of the two areas might make for something rather interesting. I am really looking forward to getting stuck into this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment