Tuesday 4 December 2012

DETAILING SERVICES LOG RESEARCH

In order to get an idea of how other detailing companies branded themselves I looked online to find the top companies  I was not really impressed with what I saw, I found many of the logos didn't really say anything about the line of work they were in, I also found the colours weren't that appropriate.


The font works well, it gives off a expensive impression I feel, it definitely says quality.
I am not sure about red in the logo, but I think the silver colour works well giving it that car shine.


 Not really impressed with this logo to be honest, the red doesn't really work,
the black and white could work well, but the reds ruining it.

This looks pretty tacky, the gold is awful and the imagery is very cli art Esc.


 Just Detailing's logo looks like an old birthday card shop or something.
I think blue works well to represent the line of work, the blue and white
give a clean impression of the company.


I quite like the type used but I dont think the yellow works very well.
It does not give off the clean pure feel that it should for this type of company.


This is one of the better logo's Its a bit more experimental, there has actually
been some design work involved in making this logo, The colours look smart
it looks quite high end. Its simple and memorable, and also gives an insight into 
the line of business that there in.


The colours work well I feel, clean feel with a memorable Logo to go with the type.


This kind of reminds me of a tattoo studio's logo which is a bit confusing,
but visually it looks appealing and also quite memorable. The colours
look quite sophisticated.

This logo works well, it instantly looks like a car badge so it references the line of business
they are in. The font is quite appropriate, it looks up to date and current, probably attracted at the common man I feel. Not too high end, a good company at an affordable price.


Another tacky shit logo, Some flashy car on a badge.
TERRIBLE


 I like the colours  used here they seem appropriate. The imagery also works well, its relevant 
but runs the risk of been see as a laundrette or something without the type involved.


This logo looks quite high end, they have used silvers and greys 
which can be associated with a shiny car etc.

Analysis

This research has shown me there are allot of shit logo's out there that are even tacky or say nothing about the company sending out the wrong message. I think I will stick to blue's and whites as I feel this represents cleanliness too. I need a combination of type and image for the best possible result. This allows a bit of variation, and gives extra elements to the design which works better than just type in many cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment