Tuesday 7 May 2013

COP LIBRARY VISIT - PUBLICATION / ESSAY

CD PUBLICATION NET

In order to help create a net for my CD packet I consulted the library, I found this Packaging template book which gave me a few Ideas of how I could package my CD and booklet. 



I think this design has too much going on, I want less flaps.


I htink this is my favorite out of the lot. Although the net will need slightly modifying as there is not enough tabs on the net. Simple and effected. I like how the booklet pokes out from the sleeve rather than being concealed.


Nice creative design But I dont think this would suit my theme of CCTV footage, too experimental


This is a really nice idea for a CD package but sadly has no relevance
to my project. 

ESSAY


In order to finish off my essay I need to rent out a couple of other books to help back up what I was trying to discuss. The second half of my essay looks at advertising and the use of women to sell consumer items, John Bergers ways of seeing has a good section on the nude and how the gaze affects people, it also has a section on advertising which will prove helpful.

 

Judith Williamson's Decoding advertisements also has a good section explaining the reason for advertising and how they target certain needs and desires. The first section is probably the most useful the rest of the book analyzes examples of adverts.



No comments:

Post a Comment