Monday 13 May 2013

PUBLICATION 1st PRINT ERRORS & NET DEVELOPMENT

ERRORS


After printing out my booklet I realized I had a few errors in the publication. I had not extended the black box to extents of the bleed so when it came to rimming the book down there was a white strip at the top of the page.
 

After Speaking with Richard he advised that I added a page on why I have chosen to carry out the experiment in a shopping center so I changed this page which didn't really fit with the other picture formats anyway as are all displayed in a 2x2 format.


This is the updated version with a section on why I have chosen those locations


Panopticism explanation - I added this section in order to teach the audience about the 3 panoptic techniques.

CD NET DEVELOPMENT


Another Laser Cutting Sesh

 I drew out the net on illustrator in order to make sure I would get a neat cut out net.
I also drew out the logo to cut out of different card.
 

Laser Cut Net


I cut various different pieces out on the laser cutter. I had to experiment with different material settings as I had trouble cutting through at some points and then problems with burning paper to top it off. It took a while to find the right balance, as the burn marks ruined the quality.



Here is the final outcome. I am happy with the design and the finish it stands and represents panopticism well.

No comments:

Post a Comment