Thursday 20 October 2011

Study Task 1 - 5 Examples of Graphic Design (Love/Hate)

For the contextual studies module I have collected 5 examples of Graphic Design that I love or hate. 

1. Below is the work of Anna Grosh. I really like the hand crafted type she has created. Its extremely detailed but still completely legible. The black and white works really well for this font it has a distinctive contrast and has been crafted to the finest detail. The packaging looks really professional and eye catching. I can really aspire to work like this.

 

2. I have recently stumbled across the collaborative work of Francois Robert and Rick Valicenti who together combined their photography and graphic design skills to come up with this brilliant book. They have created an alphabet purely using photos of bones. This has worked really well, the letters have perfect form and are legible. It works really well on the dark back ground.






3. I have come across a great illustrator and graphic designer called David Mascha. I really like his use of simplistic curvy shapes. He also uses colour really well, they all go together well and work well on the pale back ground. He uses different textures and patterns in his work too which I believe works very well.


4.  I am not a big fan of Kitty Finegan's work I feel like she has used too much colour in this piece of work. I don't hate it but I don't think its anything spectacular.


5. Finally I found the work of Joe Fenton who's illustrations are amazing. His perfect attention for detail really pays off with his works of art. They are both intricate and eye catching and are beautifully handcrafted. I really like his unique style.





No comments:

Post a Comment