Thursday 20 October 2011

ALPHABET SOUP//TYPEFACE//OUGD403

Alphabet Soup Research

I have been looking at various fonts in order to get inspiration. I have been looking at dinosaur style fonts and illustrated typography. Here is an example of Illustrated type that I really like. Its clear but still legible, his use of close attention to detail has paid off. He has incorporated a reggae style influence and also combined this with wires and speakers. This works really the colour scheme  is quite natural which works well.


Theo Aartsma

Here are some Dinosaur style fonts I found on dafont.com. I quite like the 3rd one down, its illustrated style is interesting to look at and also reads quite well as a typeface.




Here I came across some typography that I like. I really like the colour scheme, its bold and eye catching. He has created a visual representation of the word sweet, using sticky colourful illustrated font. I like this style of visual communication.
 
By Stefan Chin2off
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/72736802@N00/5606068426

 Niels Nolta

Here are some more typefaces I really like, they are all very unique and interesting, Hopefully this spread of typography will help me when creating a font for Sam.
Luke Lucas
 I really like the combination of type and image here, the colours suit the purpose.
Bossco


 Alex Sheldon

 Benedikt Luft
This is a wonderful take on typography he has used a combination of card and plaster-seen to create this 3d type.

Nick Beaulieu
Karl Ouelette

 Visente Garcia Morillo

Elsa Z. Mersayeva 

Said Swayssi


 

No comments:

Post a Comment