Friday 18 May 2012

Context of Practice - Zine - Final Pages

After I had made a mock up of my zine I started to make the pages. Using a combination on images from the web and books I pieced together my pages. I prepared my images on photoshop playing with the levels in order to get that punky look. I decided to stick to just black and white as most of the punk zines came in the cheap affordable format.

Front Cover



After ripping up my text and image I scanned it in to the computer then edited it on Photoshop 
I played about with different overlays to try and get a punky grungey feel adding noise and
adjusting the levels option to bring the blackness out.

Introduction
 I tried to keep the format of the book quite even.
1 page hand drawn the next Digital and so on...
Here is my section on the punk history overlaid over
a picture of the sex pistols. Outlining how punk began. 
 I tried to sum up semiotics within fashion as best as I could.
I was only really concentrating on one aspect of semiotics
and that was the connotations behind their clothing
choice.
Diagram of Sign 
Swastika 
 Ripped Clothing
 Safety Pin
Dog Collars 
 Bin Bag Clothing
 Toilet Chain Necklaces
The death of punk - I tried to explain how incorporation killed
punk in as few words as possible as no one likes reading loads
of text. 
Punk art - influences taken from punk style.

No comments:

Post a Comment