Tuesday 22 May 2012

PUNK A VISUAL LANGUAGE EDIT

After I spoke to Jo on friday about my publication she suggested it could be represented in a more visual way and she liked my original idea of cutting the pages. Since then I have made some corrections adding cut out elements and also introducing so valuable quotes from The Meaning of style from semioticians Stuart Hall and Umberto Eco. I am happy with the out come and feel I have maintained that punk DIY aesthetic I was going for conveying my messages clearly and in an interesting way.

Mistakes// Corrections

 I decided to add a vibrant pink as suggested in the crit
but I feel this takes away its cheap throw away feel.




Corrected Version

 I cut out holes revealing the punks eyes on the next page.
Which is related to the safety pins.


 Same again with the Bin Bag Clothing
I added in quotes too hand writing them then scanning them in. 
I am really happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment